Tuesday, January 24, 2017

"The New Yorker"

     My name is Gabrielle Reyes but everyone calls me Gaby. I grew up in Yonkers, New York and went to school in Manhattan. I am a freshman here at Bloomsburg University and majoring in American Sign Language English Interpreting. I took ASL in high school for four years and I loved everything about it.
      I enjoy many different thing whether it is going shopping for clothes and shoes or hiking at Bear Mountain. Every year my family and I go on vacation to a different spot in the Caribbean Islands. Part of my family is from Puerto Rico so that is also a destination we like to hit.
      I entitled my blog "the New Yorker" because it seems as if everyone I know from this school is fascinated with New York and the fact that I live there. I love everything about where I live and the culture that comes with it. Writing and reading is not something I always do but I've come to realize that I am becoming better as I continue my education. I'm extremely excited for this semester and English class so my skills may improve even more. :) 


  (taken from Governors Island)

   (taken in St. Marteen)

3 comments:

  1. I am as well fascinated with New York! I loved your picture taken in St. Marteen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written blog post and saying your from new York is very interesting. I believe that so many people are fascinated by it because most the kids come from suburbs or like farm area's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You share a nice range of information, and I appreciate that you labeled your pictures. You might space your pictures throughout your blog next time for a better effect.

    ReplyDelete