Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Stairs

     I once attempted to emulate sleepwalking by closing my eyes and holding my arms out as I walked. I would not advise this, as I fell down a flight of stairs and broke one of my arms. I have not always been lucky around stairs, from my bold idea to try sledding down them, to my tumble to the concrete floor of the local YMCA. One misstep onto my own coat caused a fractured arm and my own disappointment.

     I have always been clumsy, but thankfully I have a much better sense of balance and depth perception than I did as a child. I cannot believe my mother would have ever let me handle small animals unless I learned to handle my own body first. Despite this, I have come to obtain three of them. Oops.


My newest acquisition
     I should start at the beginning, though. My name is Aliyah and I have lived near here my entire life. I was born in 1997 and I graduated high school last year to come here. At Bloomsburg University, I decided to major in the arts. Digital art, to be more specific. Yes, I am sure. No, I do not know what I will end up doing for the rest of my life.

An obviously busy person
     Despite my obvious disregard for my future, I like to think I am doing pretty good here. I managed to survive my first semester without failing my chemistry class. It was a miracle, really. I hate most, if not all, things math related.


     I do, however, like writing. I would be better with creative writing, but I am hoping I can learn a lot from this course. I used to write abstract poetry, but I got busier and busier and have not written any in a long time.

     I hated middle school and high school. Whoever invented middle school is probably the devil, because nothing good comes out of it. At least I can understand the reason for high school, but it still was not that great.

   The biggest difference I have noticed about college compared to any school I have attended before would be the fact that the professors actually treat you like you are an adult. It is pretty amazing how different it felt.

    When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Mostly because I did not know how much I hated the idea of opening up a living thing to touch all the squishy insides. Even when I realized I wasn't interested, I kept my love for animals. My home currently hosts two dogs, two cats, a bird, three guinea pigs, and two fish. I love each and every one of them.


She's large and in charge (of trying to roll herself over)
     There is a lot I am afraid of. Mostly heights, or things with either to little or too many legs. Especially too many legs. In my opinion, millipedes have no business existing in the same world as me. I am also afraid of our bird, surprisingly, but I am working on it. I was bitten by him twice before and have not felt entirely comfortable around him ever since. It is pretty understandable.





4 comments:

  1. Well I never attempted to sleepwalk down stairs but i did try to hop a fence and broke my arm so I as well am cursed with utter clumsiness, but thank god my hometown school never had the terrible idea to add middle school. So I pretty much got away without that whole awkward experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly put more work and effort into this than most people i've seen, dare i say amazing job. I love the amount of cute little pictures you used. Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking time with this assignment. You were personal and engaging with your information. You have quite the menagerie. I would say that one thing to think about is labeling more of your pictures. People like to know the names of pets . . .

    ReplyDelete