Monday, January 23, 2017

About me!

Hi! My name is Jocelyn Merritt.  I am a freshman here at Bloomsburg University and I am majoring in Business Management.  

I am from Ashland, PA which is about 35 minutes from campus. I graduated from North Schuylkill High School in 2016.  During my years in highschool, I participated in marching band, competition band, jazz band and theatre arts. These activities helped me to make friends that are like family to me and whom I still stay in contact with even though we went our separate ways for college.

I live relatively close to campus so I decided to commute from home which I really love.  I am able to see my family throughout the week which is great for when I am feeling really stressed with classes and need some cheering up.  Living at home gave me a great opportunity to get a part time job.  At times it is difficult to balance school and work but it has taught me how to manage my time wisely. 

During my free time, I LOVE watching Netflix or anything on TV.  If you are ever looking for something different to watch on Netflix here is a link to one of my favorite movies and one of my all time favorite TV shows that I recommend you watch!
https://www.netflix.com/title/80000770
https://www.netflix.com/title/80109415


5 comments:

  1. I also commuted my first year of college! It's definitely nice to have the family support!

    I like the details you included in this blog, especially the links to your favorite TV shows and the GIF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balancing a job AND college, you're surely more proactive and productive than me. I enjoy the gif you used as a closer, i enjoyed getting a peak into your past as you detailed what activities you participated in in highschool

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I'm jealous! I wish I could see me family as often as you. I miss them all the time and wish I could work at least a little with school. I love music as well but never been apart of making the music like band or other clubs. I did do dance competitions and I took piano but nothing crazy. I myself also love Netflix. I love watching American Horror Story and Malcolm in the Middle. Thanks for the recommendations and hopefully I get to know you better as the semester continues:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is nicely crafted and cleanly organized. Your links don't work the way you might want them to. Make sure that you are using the mechanism of the blogger program and not just copying the link directly into the text box. Good start.

    ReplyDelete